Pages

Hats off to...the staff

The theme at this year's Governing Council is "Hats Off to Volunteers." It's a great theme and we know this sport would not be possible without volunteers. But I think we should have an "Hats Off to the U.S. Figure Skating headquarters staff!" 

They are truly the hub of the wheel that keeps our organization moving forward. I wonder if some members of our organization think that there are hundreds of staff members that work in Colorado Springs. The reality is quite opposite. There are less than 50 paid staff members and they do an amazing job considering that we seem to cut their budget every year.

I also don't see a lot of turn-over in the staff. That speaks volumes for the organization as a whole. 

I am very lucky that I have had the opportunity to work with a large number of the staff members because of my work with the membership committee and working on 2008 Nationals.  They are professional, welcoming and knowledgeable about our sport and organization.

They work very hard for our organization and I hope they know how much we appreciate all that they do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment