Pages

Intro and Why I Do This

If you've read my Governing Council blog before, you are welcome to skip this entry. But then again, why would you deny yourself the joy of hearing me prattle on about myself and the blog?

I think this is my fourth year blogging from Governing Council and, I'll be honest, there are times when I would rather ignore the blog and times that I can't wait to post to it. But I remember that there are people who can't be at Governing Council and they want to know what is going on.

The "Governing Council Meeting" only happens on Friday and Saturday, but I generally start posting on Wednesday when I arrive. I'll try to do at least two posts on Wednesday and on Thursday and, then, once the meeting itself starts, I'll post several times a day.

Wednesday is the Club Education Seminar from 1 to 8 pm and I'm one of the leaders for that. (Have I got my PowerPoint presentation done? No!)
Thursday is the day for topical seminars and meetings. On Thursday, I'll be doing a presentation on Social Media for Figure Skating Clubs. (Have I got the PowerPoint done on that one? Nope.)

This year at Governing Council will be different for me. This year, I'm honored and terrified (all at the same time) to be the new chair of the Membership Committee. And yes, I will start a Membership Committee blog. I've actually already started it, but haven't posted anything to it for awhile.

Why do I blog from Governing Council? It started as a way to share what was happening at Governing Council with my club's board members, but has morphed into more. Last year, my skating friends from all over the U.S. were reading the blog; some were even at Governing Council, but read the blog to see who or what I would dissect. I encourage people to comment as well as to forward the blog's address on to others.

I'll download the reports and request for action and have them available on the blog.

And yes, I really posted this from my iPad. Not sure if I'll be able to do the blog during GC via the iPad, but we'll see.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rochester, Minnesota

0 comments:

Post a Comment